As your landlord we want to ensure you have the right advice and support when you need it. This section provides information about what is available to you.
We have a new role of Financial Support Officer within our Housing Teams to provide you with free guidance and support.
They can help both new and existing customers on a range of issues, such as:
- Welfare Benefit Guidance
- Referrals to support agencies
They can also provide information on how to access a range of benefits such as housing and Council Tax Reduction. Alternatively, you can calculate what you may be entitled to using a benefits calculator.
To contact your Financial Support Officer call 0808 168 4555 or email email@example.com
The earlier you contact us, the better.
- Try to gather together as much information about your income and outgoings as you can.
- Check to see if you are entitled to any extra help through benefits.
Depending on your individual circumstances, we can:
- Provide information on how to set up affordable and achievable payment arrangements to manage your rent arrears.
- Assist you to complete and manage claims for benefits, including Universal Credit.
- Assist you to claim discretionary housing payment from your local authority (to help cover housing costs).
- Provide information on support agencies in your area and assist with referrals, if required.
Here are some other helpful websites
- Advice Guide - online money help from the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Civil Legal Advice - Check to see if you are able to get free and confidential advice as part of legal aid.
- StepChange Debt Charity - a registered charity offering free, confidential advice and support to anyone who is worried about debt.
- HM Revenue & Customs - find out more about the tax credits and benefits you may be entitled to.
- EntitledTo - find out exactly what tax credits and benefits you are entitled to by filling in this online form.
- National Debtline - free debt advice and support for people with money worries and debt problems.
- The Money Charity - is a national money education charity which aims to help people handle their money well
- AdviceUK - AdviceUK is the UK's largest support network for free, independent advice centres.
- Christians Against Poverty - Free local services, run through local churches, to help tackle poverty.
Shared ownership customers
If you are a Shared Ownership customer you may be entitled to help with your money. Local authorities provide a service to find out if you can claim for financial support for the rent part of your lease.
Get in touch with your local authority to find out more.
Universal credit and benefits
Universal credit is being rolled out across the country. Make sure you are ready for it.
Local Support and Care
The booklets below have been designed to help you find support and care services near you.
Domestic Abuse Support
We're part of the 'Make a Stand' Campaign to tackle domestic abuse.
If you or someone you know is suffering from Domestic Abuse then please call the domestic violence helpline on 0808 2000 247 or click here for more details.